Saturday 25 June 2011

Day 38: A Lesson in Inaction

Writing doesn't get done unless you sit down and do it. If you put it off, you'll never get it done. I must have said to myself about five times yesterday at different points in the day that I needed to post my blog. Each time I put it off for some other reason; usually playing some computer game as I was in the midst of a funk with a splash of laziness. Well, what happens. Nothing. It doesn't get done.

The lessons learned:
1. Write every day. Get use to sitting in the chair and putting your words to the paper.
2. Write when you don't want to. That's when its the hardest to be a writer but if you're committed you'll get it done. Stories and Novels are written one word, one sentence, one paragraph, one page, one chapter at a time. The one word is more than you had yesterday. Fortitude produces product at the end of the day. The imagination is just the seed. The hard work of daily gardening brings the seed from germination to seedling to adult plant. Your writing is the same thing.
3. Write even if your critic tells you its bad. It can be fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment