Friday 20 May 2011

Day 3 - You Don't Have To Be an Artist To Be Creative

'Imagination is more important than knowledge.'

An interesting thought. Do you agree? At the seed of imagination is wonder. I wonder how that works? I wonder if I try it this way what will happen? I wonder if I write my story this way...

All the knowledge about the mechanics of writing and various issues of poetics isn't going to make you a great writer or poet. A vivid imagination exercised daily will. It will take you to places that no one knows about until you discover them. You are a courageous explorer. Your imagination will let you see the questions that you wonder about from new and unique perspectives. Imagination expands our knowledge.

Use your imagination fearlessly each day in all aspects of your life and you will be creative.

Who said imagination is more important than knowledge? Albert Einstein. I don't think anyone could disagree. Develop your imagination daily. There are no wrong ways of using it, just different perspectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment