Thursday 2 June 2011

Day 16: Why Do I Write?

Because I like to. I find it relaxing. I like to put words to the crazy movies that I have running around in my head.

Those are all good answers and true but if I was truly honest (remember to be fearless I keep telling myself so what other type of true honesty is there? Half truths? Inaccuracies?) I write so that I can know myself better and that others can get the briefest glimpses of the true me. While it is rather sad to admit, noone really knows anyone else. Writing, music, painting, or whatever expression you wish to use is a unsuccessful attempt to convey our clearest thoughts and images within our brain - that electrical jump from one synapse to another we call thought.

So my own answer to the question as to why I write: I write so that I am not lonely, so that I can be understood on some level by a fellow human in an honest truthful fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment