Sunday 19 June 2011

Day 33: A Draft Poem

Writing poetry within the various forms can be a great exercise to learn patience. Here's a sonnet that I wrote as an exercise:

The Artist’s Existence                                                              

Still, in silence, I wait with patient soul
for whispers of my muse to find my ear,
the siren call of nature’s balladeer.
Sweet inspiration, perfect, pure and whole;
gifts, god’s creative beauty, I extol.
Have I been forsaken? That’s what I fear.
My words and music have left me that’s clear.
With melody lost, white noise takes its toll


From shadow, fog; music, refrains emerge
winged over the horizon of my heart.
Sing out, Erato. You are here, my love.
Joyful translations, melancholy’s purge,
Guide my hand sure, true to reflect your art.
My spirit soars as I serve my true-love.


A poem about the act of creation and inspiration. Rhyming dictionaries are must when writing poetry with a rhyme scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment