Friday 17 June 2011

Day 31: A Month of Postings and a Day of Reflection

Well, here I am at day 31. A month of postings. I don't think anyone is actually looking but oh well. What can you do? I think I need to reflect on why I am doing this. Its more for me than anything else. An opportunity to reflect on my process - to understand it. To examine what works for me and to see where I've come from and what direction I am heading. After a period of time where I have seriously looked at my work, I can say it is a solitary journey filled with doubt and some joy. It is not a journey for the weak hearted and the unconfident. In the past month I have encountered many challenges in believing in my vision and sticking to it. I wonder if this will be a common theme through the months.

With summer approaching and access to the internet questionable at times, I've given some thought to how I will proceed. I will write a blog each day (My usual long hand) and type it into the blog when I have access to a computer. So you may find three days posted on the same day but I will continue the numbering system. But each entry will be written on a seperate day. The numbering system is more for me to keep things straight. Onward and upward. Only 334 days and entries to go.

A thought to close on for the day and the month of blogging: "I learn by going where I have to go." - Theodore Roethke. Tomorrow I go to prison for my training so that I can initiate many of my ideas for a creative writing class as a volunteer in the prison system. I write my blog to see where I am going so I can learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment