Tuesday 7 June 2011

Day 21: A Poem To Keep the Streak Alive

Somedays there is only work and little work that one could describe as creative. So here's a poem:

The Artist’s Existence                                                              

Still, in silence, I wait with patient soul
for whispers of my muse to find my ear,
the siren call of nature’s balladeer.
Sweet inspiration, perfect, pure and whole;
gifts, god’s creative beauty, I extol.
Have I been forsaken? That’s what I fear.
My words and music have left me that’s clear.
With melody lost, white noise takes its toll


From shadow, fog; music, refrains emerge
winged over the horizon of my heart.
Sing out, Erato. You are here, my love.
Joyful translations, melancholy’s purge,
Guide my hand sure, true to reflect your art.
My spirit soars as I serve my true-love.


If there is anyone out there even remotely interested in what I am saying drop me a line.  David

No comments:

Post a Comment