Saturday 11 June 2011

Day 25: A Day of Thinking About the Ethics of Writing

I spent the day in a workshop talking about the ethics of writing. Drained me considerably. Interesting stuff but draining none the less. I want to think about something that will recharge my batteries so that I can write tomorrow. I miss it. I haven't been able to get to any original writing all week and that is where, with my imagination running freely that I am happiest and free. I did come up with a real twist for the ending of my current work, Eli Mourning on the way home in the car. A real 'what if' moment.  I found a quote by Diane Mariechild that reflected the experience of this twist coming to me. She said:

     "Trust that still, small voice that says, "This might work and I'll try it."

Your imagination whispers to you constantly in a small voice. Listen to it. Act on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment